Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Oregon vs PSU: Live Game Blog, pre kickoff

The EA sports simulation is kind of cool. I'm too old to play that, though I do have a strategy game I like called Bowl Bound College Football. In that game as coach you have to set budgets, craft a schedule, choose an offensive and defensive scheme, determine your depth chart and call plays, plus hire coaches and recruit. It's a great football fix for February through July.

Cliff Harris is going to be a great Duck player, but every time I see him with his helmet off I can't help thinking he looks about 15 years old. He has that whimsical Buckwheat hair style and looks like a little kid. He plays like a future NFL star though. I bet he makes another big play today, something that makes you go "wow."

Duck better have had his protein milkshake this week. Fans are late filing in. Don't be tailgating your way out of a home field advantage. Crowd has to win the day also.

Best news I've had in the last five minutes, other than how good my wife looks in her gray capri pants: David Paulson is a junior. Two more years of tight end awesomeness, to be continued after that by Curtis White.

Ducks have a long incredible history of standout tight ends, including the guy Joey Harrington used to throw to, Justin Peelle.

Thomas' first pass sails high to a covered receiver. Second is 43 for six to Jeff Maehl, patient in the pocket. Great downfield block by LaMichael James.

No comments:

Post a Comment