Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

4th Quarter

James with a 13-yard run to cap a 5-play 35 yard drive. Kicking away from Harris, Zendejas shanks, and Oregon takes advantage of the short field.

Oregon in the second half: 4 possessions, 4 touchdowns, by four different players.

Kickoff is fumbled, and the Duck is crowd surfing, and James punches it down to the one.

Make it five possessions, five tds. 3-4 on fourth down tonight.

This is now a domination. The Ducks are back, and Arizona is officially worn down.

Harris gets burned for a touchdown; Foles with all day to find a wide open receiver. He is not locking shit down tonight, but as they say, a cornerback has to have a short memory.

Oregon should chew up the clock now.

The Ducks are PAC-10 champions, 11-0, with the Civil War left to earn an undefeated season and a berth in the national championship.

Great to see Nate Costa get a standing O at the start of the game.

Watching Boise State vs Nevada now, and honestly, it looks like Montana versus Montana State.

2 comments:

  1. Dad--

    Yipee for you and your quack quacks. Now that my Beavs are the only thing in your way I will officially stop cheering for your team again (as it should be, all is right once again with the world). I wish you good luck, and I'll be thinking of what I want you to buy me from the Olive Garden......!!

    Me -- Again name withheld for fear of Quack Quack punches.

    PS - Dad stop swearing, my kids have to read this someday, and is the Montana versus Montana State a good thing cuz you know my hubby might come back to fight you on that one :) Go Grizz (that one was for Tom)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous Me,

    The Grizzlies and Bobcats play perfectly good, entertaining football on their own level. My point was Nevada and Boise State didn't look as big and physical as the AQ matchup between Auburn and Alabama. It isn't the same level of football as the AQ schools, and Boise's domination of the WAC (now incomplete) isn't an equal accomplishment.

    As for you and your agonizing Beaver ways, we'll see you at the Olive Garden. I like the salad and bread sticks, and a nice plate of pasta.

    If you think I was swearing now I'm glad the grandkids didn't hear me in the first half.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete